An Italian Ivory, Mother-of-Pearl, Tulipwood, Sycamore and Green-Stained Floral Marquetry, Rosewood and Ebony Occasional-Table. Attributed to Luigi and Angiolo Falcini. Circa 1850. The octagonal tilt-top inlaid with floral marquetry, above a similarly decorated baluster support and octagonal base.
Florentine (Italian) workshop of the Falcini brothers, Luigi (Campi, 1794 – Florence, 1861) and Angiolo (Campi, 1801 – Florence, 1850). The workshop of the Falcini brothers, specialized in inlaid cabinet-making, worked on commission of the grand-ducal family and the noblest Florentine families.